Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Proto Hustler ride 3 Coconut by geezerhead at Garmin Connect - Details

Eventually I will remember to turn my GPS off at the end of the ride.( sorry)
I have been riding A hustler for 2 full seasons. I didn't think I would like the XC as much as I do, however I find it equally challenging as any stunt or jump on a freeride ride.( must be getting old)
The bike feels really good, The first thing you notice is the stiffness of the frame. I find it amazing how A carbon seat stay can stiffen up the entire frame. I switched up my Maxxis crossmarxs to Minion 3.5 folding XC tire for the wet season, these tires feel more secure underneath you and brake better on the fast technical descents. The overall handling is similar to the original hustler.
The 3x10 speed shimano ratios feel good, climbing is better as the granny gear is 2 teeth bigger than my 2x9 speed. I'll post more photos when Steve McCabe can get out with his camera as my point and shoot doesn't work well in the forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment